Last Updated: November 30, 2012
1. The Information Nova Collects
We collect two types of data and information:
(a) Non-Personal Information: Nova collects non-personal and non-identifiable information ("Non-Personal Information") from its Users. "Non-Personal Information" is a non-identifiable and anonymous information available to Nova while Users are using the Website. To put it simply, we have no idea what is the identity of the User from whom we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information and behavioral information, as detailed below:
- Type of operation system (e.g. Windows, Linux, etc.);
- Type of Browser (e.g. Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.);
- Screen resolution (e.g. 800x600, 1024x768, etc.);
- Browser and keyboard language (e.g. English);
- Geographic location;
- The traffic sources that referred Users to the Website;
- Additional technical non-identifiable information.
- The clicks and mouse movements that the User has generated on the Website (i.e. the fact that User has chosen to click on a certain link or access a certain webpage);
- which pages Users are viewing;
- Additional non-identifiable behavioral information.
(b) The other type of information is individually identifiable information ("User Information"): Nova collects personal information provided consciously and voluntarily by Users while regularly using the Website, and upon request. "User Information” means individually identifiable information such as the name, email address and company/work place information.
How do we collect information on our Users?
There are two main methods we use:
- We collect information while you access, browse, view, or otherwise use the Website. In other words, when you access the Website we are aware of your usage of the Website, and may gather, collect and record the information relating to such usage. For example, when you connect to our servers, your computer tells us your IP address.
- We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, when you wish to register to the Website or download certain forms, we may ask you to provide certain User Information which shall be kept on our servers.
2. The Use of the Information Collected
Non-Personal Information: Nova may use Non-Personal Information in order to enhance the User's experience on the Website by collecting the browser and/or other application accessing the Website. In addition, we use aggregate Non-Personal Information (including, without limitation, the amount of sessions and unique visitors) for statistical purposes.
User Information: Nova may use the User Information it collects for the following purposes:
- Personalize your experience on the Website;
- Providing users of the Website with all services included in the Website;
- Providing targeted marketing material, service update notices, and promotional offers;
- Identify you when conducting commercial service operations (such as communicating with Buyers and/or Suppliers, providing product feedback, etc.)
3. Disclosure of User Information to Third Parties
4. Cookies & Local Storage
While using the Website Nova may use industry-wide technology called "Cookies", Flash and/or Silverlight (or similar technologies), which store certain information on your computer ("Local Storage"). Cookies are small amount of data, sent to your browser and stored locally as a text file. It is easy to prohibit the Local Storage. The default profile of the browsers allows the “Cookie” local storage. Most Internet browsers will allow you to erase Cookies from your computer, block the acceptance of Cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. In order to erase or disable the Local Storage option in Flash or Silverlight you should use the settings option of Flash/Silverlight according to the specific instructions provided by the technology provider. However, if you block or erase any Local Storage, your online experience may be limited. Please refer to your browser instructions or the applicable “help” screen to learn more about these functions.
In addition, the “Cookies” stored on your computer, might source from affiliated services (servers). These are a different kind of cookies, which are stored on your computer by our affiliates rather than by Nova.
In general, the purpose of the “Cookies” is to enhance user experience, such as: automatic login, forms auto-complete, personal customizations, statistical analysis, etc.
Nova takes great care in implementing and maintaining the security of your User Information. Nova employs industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of its users' information, and prevent unauthorized use of any such information. However, Nova does not guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur. Users who have registered to the site agree to keep their password in strict confidence and not disclose such password to any third party.
6. Third Party Sites
While using the Website you may encounter links to websites that are not a part of Website ("Third Party Sites"). These sites are independent sites, and Nova assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever for them with regard to privacy matters or any other legal matter. Nova encourages you to carefully read the privacy policies of the Third Party Sites.